Crazy Little Thing Called Love - a layout

Saturday, January 15, 2011
I've spent a huge chunk of the day working with my daughter as she finished up a culminating task for one of her courses.  She had to prepare a scrapbook of information, so I've been helping her cut titles for the various pages.  Tomorrow, we'll add a few more cuts to embellish some of the pages.  It's been fun for both of us!
I also worked on this layout for the challenge at Serenity Scrappers where we were to create a layout with red and gold and also incorporate three brads.  I have had the basic layout designed for a few days - but without a title.  It changed too many times to count.  This morning, though, I woke up singing Queen's Crazy Little Thing Called Love and knew that was the title for my layout!

This layout really was a challenge for me.  I seldom do layouts and wasn't happy with the different ideas I had for using the brads.  Finally, the little Stampin' Up tag in the bottom corner, on which I wrote the date, seemed to work just right.

I used George and Basic Shapes for the large circle.  Most of the title was created with Tear Drop, using real size.  "Love" was cut with Create a Critter.  I also punched out a few more hearts and did some embossing with my Cuttlebug.

I've not been able to get to many blogs over the past couple of days but hope to find some time in the next day or two to do some visiting!!

17 comments

Tracey said...

YOur layout looks fabulous Kate....the title suits the photos perfectly....You should do them more often! It is so much fun creating with your daughter.

MiamiKel said...

Kate, this is seriously beautiful! Lovely scrappage with two lil cuties as the show case!

Saundra said...

Awww! Kate! I love your layout!

Angi Barrs said...

Fabulous layout Kate. Love the big circle and the bright color on the word "Love". :)

Tara said...

It was worth all the pondering...that title is perfect!
Tara

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Looks great!

Rhonda Emery said...

such a pretty layout. your daughter is beautiful like her mom. hugs

4kids4 said...

Terrific page...LOVE the title and the fun pics! Nice patterned paper too...tfs!

~Sharon C.

Besthobbyeva said...

Kate, I don't know why you don't do layouts, this is fabulous! I love it and what an awesome title! I love the heart paper. You did a great job and what beautiful children!!

Angie said...

Great page. Love the tile in gold. I also like how it has a texture on it. hope your having a great sunday!

MiamiKel said...

I forgot to mention! I left a little something on my blog for you :) Stop by and scoop it up! x0x0

Norma said...

fantastic layout Kate!! i agree with the ladies above you should do more layouts!!! Love it
Hugs,
Norma

Kel said...

Gorgeous layout.. gorgeous children and now I have that song in my head.. LOL. This lo will go nicely on our blog.. thanks for entering challenge!

Georgiana said...

Your layout is FABULOUS! I love the horizontal row of pictures.

What a neat project for school,
Georgiana

Janet said...

This is really beautiful!! Love the circle and the lettering great photos also!

Natasha said...

What a beautiful layout! So creative!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW!!! Your layouts are always AMAZING!! Love the circle and the title flowing with it and the row of pictures. PERFECT!!! Your children are beautiful. :)

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>