It's Turkey Time!

Monday, November 7, 2011
It's not too late to join the My Craft Spot Christmas and Winter Stamp Release Party Blog Hop!  Click HERE to see my post.  Leave a comment by tonight in order to be eligible to win a newly released 'Tis the Season stamp set from My Craft Spot.  I'll announce the winner tomorrow!

Please click HERE to go to my Fantabulous Cricut post for today.

It's time to Gobble 'Til You Wobble at My Craft Spot, where this week's challenge is all about Thanksgiving décor.  I decided to make these fun turkey place settings for my family.  We've already celebrated Thanksgiving here in Canada, but everybody is so delighted with my turkeys that we've been using them at the dinner table all week!  I'll put them away soon, though, and save them until next year.


The fun little turkeys are from Create a Critter.  I did lots of inking, adding some embossing with my Herringbone and Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folders and did some doodling too.  The eyes are from a Peachy Keen Critter stamp set.  I even added a little baker's twine bowtie, using some wonderful vintage twine from My Craft Spot.  The "Turkey Time" sentiment is from My Craft Spot's Happy Fall set, and I punched it out with a Stampin' Up window punch.  (I've got to say that my youngest LOVES this stamp.  He thinks it's so funny and calls out "Turkey Time!" whenever he sees the place settings!)


The bottoms of my place holders are bits of branches with part cut off in order to make a solid base.  There is also a slit in the top in order for the turkeys to have a spot to sit.  They do have legs tucked away!   I used Cuttin' Up for the font for our names, and added some ink and doodling to those as well.

Please head over to My Craft Spot to see what the rest of the Design Team has made to decorate for Thanksgiving!  And don't forget to check out the fabulous new Winter and Christmas stamp sets while you're there!

32 comments

Amy said...

These are soooo cute! Adorable little place settings :)Amy

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the Turkey place settings. Especially like the branch bases you used.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

these are super adorable kate great place settings I love them.

Saundra said...

These are so cute! I love this idea, Kate!

Hugs,
Saundra :)

Sarah said...

Love these fabulous place settings :)

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome place settings-the turkey is stinken cute!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Tina M said...

Kate your Turkeys are so darn cute! what a clever base you used :)

Beckie said...

I love these! So awesome to use the wood.

Be Blessed, Beckie

Bobby said...

I can see why everyone likes these place cards. They make me/you/everyone smile.

Candy said...

Omgoodness these turned out so super cute. Great job.
Candy

jessica said...

OMG these are adorable!! These will look awesome on the table!!

Diane Hodrick said...

I love this idea. I can see myself digging in the garage for that old handsaw now. I really want to make these. That wood base is absolutely fabulous. Your son's turkey time story made me laugh. That would be something my 8 year old would do. They are so cute - the kids and the turkeys.

Linda Kaiser said...

Oh my gosh!! These turkeys are adorable. I can't stop smiling!!

Linda

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Kate!

OMGosh! I LOVE these!!!! They are so cute!!!!

Ruthie :)

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

O my goodness Kate these are so cute I can see why your kids would want them on the table all the time!!
Kristan

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH KATE! These are sooooo COOL! I LOVE them! I can see why you still have them out! Very Creative and CUTE! :o)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So creative Kate! Love all the details on these turkeys!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Jamie - oohLaLaPaperie said...

Wow, these are amazing! Awesome job with the turkeys!

Jamie
Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

They are so super cool! I love the real tree branch!

Anonymous said...

How cute are they!!!! I love the branch for the holder, nice touch!

Terry

Karen said...

Kate these are the most adorable place card holders I have ever seen. Karen

An'Jenic G. said...

Beautiful Creation!

Cricut Couple said...

What a wonderful idea! Love them!

April said...

Now aren't these the cutest things? I love them! You did a great job.

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK...I love those adorable little turkeys. Fabulous job on this Kate. :)

Shelley said...

These are just adorable Kate! Love 'em! :) Congrats Wendy!

Shelley
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
shelleymace21@gmail.com

Shelly said...

Wow! Super cute! Love the turkeys, they looks so fabulous!!
Shelly

Betsy said...

These are ADORABLE!!! I'll have to keep these in mind for next Thanksgiving (don't have time to get them done for this Turkey Day!).

Cathie Rigby said...

Oh my Kate--these are just sooo adorable!! I love the idea and its so nice you can pull them out year after year. Great family heirloom! TFS Cathie

Besthobbyeva said...

Where do I begin! Wow, you did an absolutely amazing job with these! I am sure they were a HUGE hit. Loving all the inking and the baker's twine for the tie, such a nice added touch! Really a great, great job!!

Laurie

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

These are adorable! Love that you used wood to do them-- very rustic and super fun with the turkey cuts!!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my gosh, you are killing me!!!! These are adorable and so creative! What a clever idea!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>