Octopus Monster

Monday, October 22, 2012
I'm doing a 2-in-1 with this week's project which meets the challenge requirements for both My Craft Spot (include a monster on your project) and Fantabulous Cricut (use the colours black and orange on a Halloween project).


I used Wild Card 2 for this fun octopus monster.  I embossed her with a folder from the Cuttlebug Give a Hoot Companion set.  I also sprayed some Glimmer Mist on her.  Unfortunately, the mist was more like a sputter - likely as I haven't used it in ages.  Anyway, I decided that it had a fun slimy look so all was good!  I added some Glossy Accents to the eyes as well.  

A view of the "slime"

At the bottom of the card, I added a fence cut from a Martha Stewart punch.  I also used stamps (both the round sentiment and spider) from My Craft Spot's Stampin' Around Fall set - and used the matching Tiny Doilies metal dies to cut the green and white circles.  That's why they fit so perfectly!  The little bow was tied with some My Craft Spot Halloween The orange and black papers are from Bazzil's Spooky and Kooky pack.


Don't forget that the My Craft Spot Christmas/Winter Release Party is coming up in just two weeks!! Be sure to check out the news HERE.

Be sure to head over to Fantabulous Cricut and My Craft Spot to see what the rest of the design teams have created to inspire you - and to enter this week's challenges.

18 comments

Rhonda Emery said...

cutest little purple monster ever. love it. hugs

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...love the embossing! Lee-Ann :)

Besthobbyeva said...

Kate - how adorable is that monster with the little ribbon!! Such a great job, I love it.

I hope all is well.

Laurie

Jayne said...

Love your glimmery purple octopus monster Kate!He is so cute!
Jayne x

Migdalia said...

LOL..Cannot stop laughing...You embossed the octopus,TOO CUTE!!
Enjoy your day,
Migdalia

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very cool card, love the embossing and the slime on the octopus! Hope you had a good weekend!
Kristan

Unknown said...

Spooky & fun! The embossing is great!

Karen said...

Perfect blending of requirements for a smashing halloween card!

Bobby said...

I thought monsters were supposed to be scary. ;) This one is just plain goofy, like some of those old time scary movies that you can't help laugh at. But I like them anyway lol

Arin said...

what a cute purple monster! I love how the Glimmer Mist came out! I feel it really made the card!

Kathy Salido said...

Great card, love the papers and the texture on the monster
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Sherrie K. said...

Kate, your octopus monster is just adorable! Love the embossing! Great job:)
Hope all is going good for you these days...have a great week my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sonya said...

Fabulous Halloween card, it's been a delight being on the DT with you!!

Scrapper69 said...

Hi KATE! I'm finally back from my trip & I've been a little busy at work, but wanted to stop by and say HI!! I see you've been busy too... Glad to read your son is doing well since his go kart accident.... I LOVE all the creations you've made while I was away.... Glad to be back & check out what everyone's been up too! :o)

Theresa

Sherrie K. said...

Hi Kate,
If you get a chance, please pop over to my blog-I have something for you:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Life and Knits said...

Kate this is so cute! Just too cute to be scary.

Susie

April said...

I love this cute card! Love the monster. great job!

Rhonda Emery said...

thank you kate. yes just leave the badge it will be the same . hugs

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>