Sympathy Card

Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a card that I created using products available from My Craft Spot.  Unfortunately, the brother of a colleague recently passed away rather unexpectedly.  I made this card to offer my sympathy.


I used Fancy Frames to create the frame to highlight the beautiful sentiment from My Craft Spot's With Deepest Sympathy stamp set.  The font on this set is simply gorgeous and there are such heartfelt messages available to choose from.  (You can click on the image of the stamp set below to enlarge it for a closer view.)  These messages are perfect for projects of sympathy following the loss of a loved one - but also for projects of encouragement when others are going through troubled times.


I embossed the background of my card using my Cuttlebug and also assembled a flower using cuts from Flower Shoppe.  I did some inking with some different colours of Tim Holtz distress inks too.  To finish things off, I added three little pearls under the sentiment and some fabulous Vanilla Bean crinkle ribbon, available from My Craft Spot.

 

For the inside of my card, I cut the outline of the frame used on the front and stamped another sentiment from My Craft Spot's With Deepest Sympathy stamp set.
 

17 comments

Life and Knits said...

Your condolences are offered in a beautiful card Kate. The detailing on this card is very elegant.

Susie

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!!! Lee-Ann :)

Sherrie K. said...

GORGEOUS sympathy card Kate! The inking and the beautiful fancy frame are fabulous! I just love the stamp set you used to and finishing it with a GORGEOUS rolled flower! Beautiful!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Bobby said...

The soft colors on this card with the inking are gorgeous.

Karen said...

My sweet friend, I am so sorry this card was needed but I'm sure your heartfelt creation delivered love and comfort. It is exquisite. That fantastic stamp set makes it a wee bit easier to create this difficult cards. The sentiments are beautiful. Every part of your sweet gesture is gorgeous.. the colors, the frame, the sweet pearls, and of course the stunning flower. I'm sending up prayers for his family. I hope you have a lovely day, Kate! :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Migdalia said...

Such a lovely card.The family will feel your prayers & love.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

jessica said...

Such a beautiful card Kate!
These cards are so difficult to make and this one is stunning!
TFS

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Kate, such a beautiful card for such a sad occasion. Carri~Abusybee

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Hi Kate! This sympathy card is just stunning - the details are all so pretty. I love the gorgeous flower and sentiment. I'm sure that your co-worker will appreciate your kind thoughts and will cherish this lovely card.

Renee B. said...

What a beautiful card Kate! Simple but very elegant & a beautiful verse!
Hugs, Renee

Rhonda Emery said...

very elegant. hugs

Pam said...

This is such a lovely card!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Angi Barrs said...

Sooo sweet of you to make them a card. The colors are beautiful!

April said...

Very pretty! I love the die. Great job!

Mary J said...

A beautiful card, Kate, the perfect tone for a sad occasion.

Debbie said...

This is beautiful and a perfect sympathy card!!

Thank you and I will tell my friend that a Canadian prayed for her! {We know that Canada is closer to heaven so we know it was heard!! :) I am CDN, too!}

Tracey said...

So pretty and very elegant..love the soft colours! The sentiment is perfect!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>