Card for the Crossing Guard

Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Welcome friends!  I'm delighted to be showcasing a project at My Craft Spot today.  As those of you who have been following my blog for a while know, each Christmas and end-of-year, I make a special card for my son's crossing guard.  School ended last week, and this is the card my little guy gave to our favourite crossing guard!

I had such fun making this one!  I used Just Because Cards for the popsicle cuts and Going Places for the STOP sign.  The little hat on my green popsicle is from Everyday Paper Dolls.  I used a letter "k" from the new My Craft Spot Small Alphabet metal dies for the cap, as my son's school name begins with K.  (I did cut off part of the letter to make the hat look a bit more realistic - at least as realistic as I could for a smiling popsicle wearing a ball cap!!) I used the same metal dies to create the little flower for the purple popsicle, layering the two sizes available on the set and adding a little gem to the middle. The orange popsicle has a bowtie made of Lemon Tart baker's twine (available from My Craft Spot) too.


Each face was stamped with a Peachy Keen stamp and chalk was used for the rosy cheeks.  I also added some faux stitching around the card and around each popsicle (including the imposter STOP sign!) with a white gelly roll pen.  Freckles were added too!


I finished things off with a little sentiment label created by combining "You're" and "cool!" - two stamps from My Craft Spot's Build a Valentine stamp set.  I also added a little brad from my stash and layered a little gem in the middle for a bit of extra sparkle.

*I am also going to link up this card for this week's Peach Keen Challenge: Anything Goes.

16 comments

jessica said...

How adorable is this!!! I know your son's crossing guard will LOVE this Kate!! those faces are adorable and the colors and cut just too cute!! What a GREAT card!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!

Life and Knits said...

Adorable card Kate. The Crossing Guard is going to love it.

Susie

Rhonda Emery said...

oh my I bet she loved it so darn cute. hugs

Melissa said...

Super cute! Thanks for sharing at Peachy Keen's Challenge. I bet she loved this card :)

Debbie said...

This is adorable!!! What a great thing for you to do for your crossing guard!!
I had to LOL at your "realistic" rant!! :)

Angi Barrs said...

Super perfect for the crossing guard. Love it!!!!!

Cassandra said...

How cute! Love the baseball cap! And so thoughtful too! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

sweetpeaemmalou said...

So thoughtful of you!! What a sweet and adorable card!! Love them all!! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge!! :)

Migdalia said...

I can't stop laughing.....this is TOO Cute!!Adorable PK faces...Love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Cindy Beland said...

GREAT card,SO SUPER FUN!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

Pam said...

What a darling little card!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Bobby said...

I'm smiling as big as those Peachy Keen faces. What a cute idea, Kate. You've added so much detail to make this a special card for a special person.

Karen said...

My sweet friend, I cannot tell you how much I adore this card! Not only do you always execute your designs perfectly, but your IDEAS always blow me away. :o) This is sweeter than popsicles and sheer brilliance for the recipient. The K hat is such a fantastic touch and PK faces make everything more precious. This is marvelous, Kate! I love every single inch of it. :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Lucia Gonzalez said...

It´s a perfect card for a great person your son´s crossing guard be. Great job you do!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my goodness Kate, this card is adorable! How perfect! I love all those sweet Peachy faces. Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge this week at Peachy Keen Stamps!

Scrapper69 said...

Kate... I sooooo LOVE this! It is super CUTE and I may have to CAS it someday! I bet the crossing Guard just LOVED it! Super CUTE! :o)

Theresa

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>