Wasting Time

Friday, March 4, 2016
I'm home with my youngest, who seems to have picked up a nasty stomach bug. While he sleeps, I'm spending time in my craft room. I've coloured up a few images and plan to finish the cards when my Amazon order arrives with new inks later today. At least, the tracking information tells me they'll be delivered this afternoon so now I'm counting on it!!



There's a new challenge at CAS-ology, and this is my spin on it! (That's a pun, as the challenge IS "spin".) It was quick and easy to put together - which I like. I used stamps from My Craft Spot's retired "Clock Time" set. I was going for a distressed look with the word "TIME". It worked perfectly for the bottom one (which I actually did first) but has more of a blurred look on the top one. I'm still happy overall though!! I added some spatters using a new stamp from Impression Obsession and rounded three of the corners of my card. I finished things off with a little brad. As it's a one layer card, I actually cut the brad ends and adhered it with Glossy Accents so nothing would poke through and be visible from the inside.

The "spin" challenge is open until Monday so there's still time for you to play along too! I hope to enter a few more challenges this weekend with the cards I'm making so I'll see you again soon!

7 comments

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful card--I just love that sentiment, and you did a great job with design by featuring your sentiment on this card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love that you chose a clock for spin--brilliant! Lovely CAS design. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Bobby said...

This is one set I never got from MCS, Kate. That's a great sentiment to use with a clock. The brad adds just the right touch and I love that background splatter. You might think about enlarging your image on your post so it''s easier to see the details. ;)

Sherrie K. said...

Fantastic CAS card! I love the design Kate:)
Sherrie K

Judy1223 said...

Oh, I do love this! Great feel of distress with the splatters and the brad (I love that you cut it off so it wouldn't go through your one-layer card -- I would do that, too!). Thanks for playing along at CASology!

Jen W. said...

I love when CAS and distressed merge so perfectly! Great sentiment and the brad is such a great touch. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Scrapper69 said...

What a wonderful CAS Card! LOVE the distress look -

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>