Happy Little Thoughts

Wednesday, April 13, 2016
It's time for another challenge at Little Red Wagon! This week, Brenda chose "April Showers" as our theme - create something with rain or water.


I used a Reverse Confetti cloud die cut to make my sky, masking areas as I inked around them. The little umbrella is from Craftin Desert Divas and popped onto my card front. The sentiment is retired from My Craft Spot. I cut the mat and frame using dies from My Favorite Things and finished everything off with some little droplets - my rain!


Please head to Little Red Wagon to enter your April Showers creation - and to see what the other Girlfriends have created. We've got a new Girlfriend on the block: Sandy of Snippety Do Dah. Please be sure to check out her fun blog!

I'm entering this card in Simon Says Stamp's Work it Wednesday (Pastels) and their Monday challenge
(April Showers Bring May Flowers) AND their Wednesday challenge (Let's Do the Polka)

16 comments

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

beautiful card missed you. hugs

M said...

Awesome card Kate!! LOVE the inked clouds in the background!!😊😊

Donna said...

Oh Kate this is so cute!!! Love it!

jessica said...

What a beautiful card Kate!!!!!

Marilyn said...

This is so pretty and I love everything about it. The border, umbrella, background smoosh... all of it!

JanR said...

So sweet! I love the scallop frame.

Jeannie said...

Love the simplicity, yet it's so pretty! I’d like to invite you to join my blog challenge this week if you’re interested, which is April Showers!

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Unknown said...

Kate, what an adorable card! Those clouds are awesome!

Heather said...

So sweet. I really like how you made the clouds. Hugs.

Scrapper69 said...

Wonderful Card Kate! Isn't it great to still have uses for the My Craft Spot Stamps! Love them! And I'm jealous you got that Fabulous Scalloped Frame Die! I've been wanting it for awhile and every time it's out of stock!LOL One of these days! :) Have a great day!


Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Bobby said...

So cute, Kate. You're clouds are wonderful.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

This is such a sweet, sweet card. Your clouds look wonderful and I love the umbrella and fun pop of pink!

Brenda said...

Kate, I love the simple sweetness of your card.

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Omg I love the way you made the clouds!!! So so so delicate yet so vibrant! Love the way you interpreted our theme!
Thanks for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp! Monday Challenge!
Hugs Zoey

Unknown said...

Omg - I don't know if I like clouds, that cute umbrella or sequins touch best... So, so perfect! :)
Have an awesome day!

Beulah Bee said...

Gotta love a red polka dot umbrella--guaranteed to give anyone happy thoughts! Congrats on the spotlight :)

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>