Mad About You

Sunday, April 24, 2016
Happy Sunday! I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. I surprised the family with a new Wasgij (reverse perspective puzzle). I typically buy the Christmas ones and we start them Christmas eve but decided to get one now too! It's so nice to have puzzles out as we are all drawn to them at different times. I love it best when all five of us are working on it at the same time.

I did find time to craft and am playing along in the latest Your Next Stamp sketch challenge (#37). I created my card for my husband (a math and PE teacher) using YNS's Perfect Chemistry stamp set. I created my own background papers by creating a brick wall stencil with my Silhouette and using it to ink up some watercolour papers with distress inks. The math equation was an image that I found online, printed and inked with the same distress inks. Each of the mats was cut using stitched rectangle dies from Simon Says Stamp.


Everything is adhered to gray cardstock. I finished things off with some sequins (retired from My Craft Spot).

Products used:


6 comments

Georgiana said...

Loving that crazy little scientist!

Scrapper69 said...

So fun to have all of you working on the puzzle at the same time.... we would probably go nuts! hahaha But it's always times like those that makes us happy we are family! :) Your card is Fantastic! LOVE the backgrounds you created and that crazy scientist! That set is on my must have list! One of these days! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh wow...this card is soooo clever! I love the stenciled wall and that math equation is fabulous! What a fun card and how perfect for your math teacher/hubby!

Anita said...

An awesome card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Your Next Stamp.

Sue said...

What a wonderful card, your husband will love it! Thank you for playing along at Your Next Stamp!

msmith434343 said...

What a perfect teacher card! It's so cute!! You're very smart to think of the background! Adorable :)

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>