You Can Buy Ice Cream

Thursday, May 19, 2016
A couple of weeks ago, I was introduced to Mint Owl Studio and was immediately drawn to their Ice Cream stamps and stencil. I have to say that the customer service is fabulous as I did have a couple of questions about ordering (as I'm in Canada) and I had a very quick response.


I had lots of fun making this card. I used watercolour paper for the background and cut it out using a Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangular die. I kept the paper in the die in order to create a border around my inking. I used a circle stencil (made with cardstock and a circle die) and my new MOS Ice Cream Cone stencil to create a subtle waffle cone background. I then blended some Worn Lipstick ink over the entire front panel. When done, I spritzed my mister and added some pink and brown paint splatters to finish the background.


The little ice cream treats are from the Ice Cream, You Scream set. I added happy faces (from the same set) to each and coloured them in before popping them on my card inside a scalloped circle from My Favorite Things. My husband likes mint chocolate chip and my favourite ice cream is strawberry cheesecake, so that's what I created for my card!! The sentiment is also from the Ice Cream, You Scream set. I finished everything off with a few pink sequins.

Products used:




6 comments

Sherrie K. said...

What a great background and fun card! It totally screams summer~makes me want to run off to the DQ, hehe!
Have a super day!
Sherrie K

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

The perfect (sweet) couple! I'm with your hubby...LOVE mint chocolate ice cream! This is really adorable Kate.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Yay!!! I love them! The colors you gave them are great too!

jessica said...

This is such an adorable card Kate!!!
Love the design and those stamps are so CUTE!!
Awesome job!

Scrapper69 said...

Oh how CUTE! LOVE that background and those adorable stamps - the sentiment made me giggle! CUTENESS!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Migdalia said...

I love sweets especially ice cream!!Super DUPER cute!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>