Relax

Wednesday, August 17, 2016
It's time for a new challenge at Little Red Wagon. Brenda, this week's hostess, has chosen a tropical theme: Surf's Up! I don't have any stamps with a surf board (or any with those cute surfing critters!) but I did focus on the tropics with an ocean background behind my palm trees in the sand. I coloured everything first and then cut out the image with a scalloped oval frame set. The frame is popped on the card for a bit of added dimension.


Please head over to Little Red Wagon to check out the rest of the Girlfriends' projects. We'd love for you to link up your own Surf's Up (Tropical) project too! I hope that, wherever you are, you can enjoy some time relaxing in the tropical sun (or even take time to relax while daydreaming about it)!

Products used:



12 comments

JanR said...

Wonderful card! I love the technique you did - so cool!

Donna said...

Great card Kate! I love the oval frame you used!

Brenda said...

Perfect! Love how you created the colorful border. Great idea!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great scene and LURVE all your dies.
Faith
x

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute design!

Scrapper69 said...

OH how CUTE! LOVE your background scene! So COOL!

Theresa

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Just got to see ALL your cards, sorry only saw the last on my previous comment, love them ALL, so different and great you were introduced to different techniques, which you have done justice too.
Faith
x

Heather said...

Adorable tropical scene my friend. Your creativity astounds me every time as they are so different. Hugs!

M said...

Awesome card Kate!!! Love your tropical scene and the oval frame you used!! :)

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my gosh, one of my favorites Kate! I LOVE the scene and the coloring is gorgeous!
Sherrie k

Migdalia said...

Gorgeous scene!! Such a wonderful card!! I would love to be at the beach right now...
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Unknown said...

So awesome Kate! Love how you created that beach scene with that frame! Great card!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>