Hope Your Birthday is a Smash

Friday, May 19, 2017
Welcome friends! I am delighted to be guest designing at CropStop today! CropStop has a fabulous selection of crafting supplies.


I've seen a few cards created with the new Lawn Fawn Year Seven stamp set and thought the pinata looked so fun! After stamping, colouring (including some Nuvo drops for a little bit of added detail) and cutting my pinata, I created a background using Martha Stewart fringe scissors and three colours of cardstock. I then used an MFT die to cut the fringed background as well as a white mat.

For the card base, I stamped the fun treats from the Year Seven stamp set in VersaMark and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I then layered the white and fringed mats on top with Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive before affixing the pinata with foam dots. I tied some orange jute string for a bit of fun detail.



The banners were cut with dies from My Craft Spot (no longer in business) and stamped and heat embossed with the sentiment from the Year Seven Set. I finished things off with some bright yellow enamel dots.

http://cropstop.com/

Please head over to CropStop to check out the array of crafting supplies available. I'll be back next Friday with another CropStop guest design post!

CropStop products used for my card:
Brands used and sold by CropStop:

8 comments

DIANA L. said...

Super cute. Great color choices.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW!, GREAT card, love the fringing, it all looks so (I think) Cinco Mayo, LOVE it.
Faith
x

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

This card is so much FUN! I love the pretty yellow and red combo and that fringe looks fabulous!

Sherrie K. said...

I love the background! What you did with the Martha Stewart scissors is super cute and a fun idea! The pinata is adorable~Super fun design Kate!
Hope you are having a wonderful day!
Sherrie K

Scrapper69 said...

Congrats on the Guest Designer Spot Kate! And look at that Fabulous Card! I LOVE the fringe background... it's so festive with that image... Awesome card my friend! Hope all is well with you & your family! HUGS! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Bobby said...

Congrats on your guest designing stint, Kate. This is the second card I've seen today with that darling pinata on it. I love how you added the fringe in true pinata style.

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

This card is so fun! Love the fringe layers and the bright colors!!

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

This card is so fun! Love the fringe layers and the bright colors!!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>