Happy Birthday 2 Ewe

Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Jan is our hostess at Little Red Wagon this week and she'd like to see hybrid cards. This means that we are to use both digital elements as well as clear stamps. I've done some digital work in the past but generally stick to "in my hand" products so this was a great opportunity for me to stretch myself. Although my card is quite a simple one, it took ages to create. I must admit that much of the time was spent chatting with my daughter and getting sidetracked online as we sat with our laptops at the kitchen island while I tried to figure out the digital aspect of my project!!


My sweet little goddaughter recently celebrated her second birthday and I created this card just for her. I used a digital background from Kate Hadfield Designs and created my own digital stamp sentiment. After printing things off, I stamped, coloured and die cut some little sheep to adhere over the background. I used some of the left over digital background to stamp the hat and balloon and fussy cut those to add to the sheep.

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see what the rest of the Girlfriends have created - and then link up your own hybrid projects!

Products used:


9 comments

JanR said...

So adorable! I love the colours and those sheep are so sweet!

Scrapper69 said...

Oh how CUTE Kate!!! It's FUN using Digital images/paper... you just have to get used to it! :)
I think your card turned out great! :) I Hope all is well with you & the kids. Big Hugs!

Theresa

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well haven't you done well, this is adorable, digi is a GREAT plaything, it's hard for me to do "real" stuff LOL. Love hybrid, always looks so good, and so does this card, wonderfully made with great design.
Faith
x

Anonymous said...

You did a great job!! I love the whole design of the card and the repetition of the patterned paper makes for a beautifully cohesive card! :) (Not to mention pretty!)

Evelyn

janner said...

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. My best to you and your family. Your goddaughter will love the card. It is one of mt favourite MFT stamp sets.
thejanner47@gmail.com

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

So much sweetness going on with this darling card! I would have never know this card is part digital. That would be a challenge for me also, but it looks like you nailed it beautifully!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is adorable. Love the sheep and the pink. Pink is my favorite.

Snippety Do Dah said...

Your card turned out great! I was very intimidated by digis at first, but now I love them!

Bobby said...

This is so cute, Kate. I love those little sheep. The only digital work I've done it print out something from the internet and color it.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>